Questions asked at Mujss Trivia Night 2004
Round 1 Sport: Australian
1. Which Australian cricketer notoriously said to Herschelle
Gibbs, you have just dropped the World Cup during
the 1999 competition?
2. Which three players won the AFL Brownlow Medal in 2003?
3. Which Wallaby scored his first drop goal in extra time
against South Africa to take Australia through to the 1999
Rugby Union World Cup Final?
4. Only once has the Australian Soccer Team qualified for
the World Cup Finals. In what year was this?
5. Who is the captain of the Australian Rugby League team,
6. Which team won the most recent National Basketball Association
7. Ian Thorpe currently holds three individual 50-metre long
course world records in the pool. In which events does he
hold these records?
8. Which Olympian was chosen as the Australian flag-bearer
for the Opening Ceremony of the 2004 Athens Olympics?
9. Only four 2004 AFL All-Australians are heading over to
Ireland for the International Rules series, due to the unavailability
of the rest of the All-Australian team. Name two of those
10. Last year Australia defeated Spain in the Davis Cup Final
in Melbourne. How many Davis Cup titles have Australia won?
Round 2 Quotes: Who said the following?
1. Well may he say, God save the Queen, because nothing will
save the Governor General
2. I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be
a woman in it.
3. I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't
4. I don't know with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
5. Women might be able to fake orgasms, but men can fake whole
6. God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood
to run one at a time.
7. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell
people you are, you aren't.
8. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
9. I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I
just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
10. Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
Round 3 Music: In what year was this song FIRST number
1 in Australia?
1. Say My Name Destinys Child.
2. Mmm Bop Hanson.
3. The Ketchup Song Las Ketchup.
4. Wannabe Spice Girls.
5. Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) Offspring.
6. Who Let The Dogs Out Baha Men.
7. Macarena Los Del Rio.
8. All The Things She Said t.A.T.u.
9. Can We Fix It? Bob The Builder.
10. Barbie Girl Aqua.
Round 4 Israel: General knowledge
1. Following the Israels Declaration of Independence
in 1948, 5 Arab countries invaded Israel. Name these countries.
2. Following which war did Moshe Dayan submit his resignation
as Defense Minister?
3. On which date did the Israeli-Arab Six-Day War start?
4. In 1979 Israel and Egypt made peace, witnessed by the United
States. Who were the three leaders who signed the peace treaty?
5. In 1976 the Israeli Defense Forces flew thousands of miles
in order to rescue Israeli and Jewish hostages, who were being
held by terrorists at the Entebbe Airport. What was the name
of the Ugandan dictator who allowed the terrorists to hold
the hostages in Uganda?
6. In which years elections did the Likud party first
7. Unlike other countries, Israel does not have a constitution.
What is its substitute?
8. Known as Israels greatest spy, whom did the Syrians
hang on the 18th of May 1965?
9. Who is the current speaker of the Israeli Knesset?
10. Who assassinated Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin?
Round 5 Presidents Round
1. Which company produces the Intuition brand of razors?
2. Who is the current Governor-General of Australia?
3. What does the W stand for in George W. Bush?
4. Name the four main characters in Sex and the City.
5. What type of animal is a rhebok?
6. Who is the worlds most famous male Jewish porn star?
7. What do you put on the end of a hair dryer to add more
volume to your hair?
8. What is the name of the coffee shop in Friends?
9. Which small principality lies between Austria and Switzerland?
How often is Womens Weekly published?
Round 6 SUPER Round
1. Who was Australias first Prime Minister?
2. The Australian Mens 4 by 400 metre athletics team
put in a fantastic effort and won a silver medal at the Athens
Olympics. Name 2 of the athletes who ran in the final.
3. Which film grossed the most money from the box office worldwide?
4. On the classic cartoon show The Simpsons, whats the
address of the Simpson family (number and street name)?
5. Which National Rugby League player won the Dally M Medal,
the NRLs Best and Fairest award, for season 2004?
6. Following whose death did Golda Meir become the first female
Israeli Prime Minister?
7. In the Disney Pixar hit Finding Nemo, which actress is
the voice of Dory?
8. Two females signed the 1948 Declaration of Independence.
One was Golda Myerson. Who was the other?
9. Who said the following: The inherent vice of capitalism
is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of
socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.
10. How many Emmy Awards did the Sopranos win this year?
Join Mujss to find out the answers
Back to Trivia Night 2004